We’re only 5 days away from Fanari 2012! Can you believe it’s here already!? We hope you’re excited and ready for a week of faith, friendship and fun!
A few reminders for campers & parents:
1) Please follow the bus assignments! We carefully assign the correct number of buses to each zone based on the number of campers, so it’s extremely important that you leave from your assigned church.
2) Please be on time (no Greek time!) for departure on Sunday, June 17th. Buses will leave promptly at 1:00pm (2:30pm Annunciation, Milwaukee)! Make sure you allow enough time to arrive, load your luggage and say goodbye. Counselors will be wearing staff t-shirts and will facilitate the departure and will instruct you where to load camper luggage.
3) Did you know we have a theme for our dance on Thursday night? We’re celebrating Olympics style! The theme is Olympics and we encourage you to be creative- dress as a favorite athlete, represent a country, wear sporting gear or even some Junior Olympics medals. We hope you’ll dress up and get into the theme!
4) Remember that we are an Orthodox Christian camp and it should be reflected in the clothing you pack. Campers will be asked to change if they aren’t dressed appropriately (too short shorts, low-cut tops, inappropriate t-shirts, etc.) Please review the camper rules for specifics.
5) Finally, please remember our no-cell phone policy. With the proliferation of the use of cell phones and communication devices, it has made our ability to properly supervise your child more difficult. Any camper who is found with a cell phone at any time during our program will have the phone taken away and returned to them on the day of departure. We have an office along with an answering machine should there be a need to get information to your child. Your child will be notified at meal time if they have an important message. You should have received emergency numbers in your camper confirmation packet.
We’ll update on a regular basis, so check back to see the fun we’re having at Fanari!